Monark Cheats and Tips
- Get Lust as your first fiend. To get Lust, select the 2nd choice for everything except for the last question at the starting quiz. For the last question, select the option with Love to get Lust. Lust is pretty strong because it’s a magic user and can get really high damage, and you’ll want to ensure you have access to its skills as early as possible, especially when you want to grind.
- You’ll be getting Fiends of the other Egos (7 deadly sins) as you progress, the most useful ones in order, are Lust, Greed, Pride, Sloth, Wrath, Envy/Gluttony. Your next Fiend that joins is determined by the highest Ego amount that that hasn’t joined the party yet by the time the next Fiend is set to join (e.g. if you have Lust at 200 Ego, Pride at 300, everyone else at 100, then Pride will be your next Fiend, but if Pride is already in your party, then Lust will be the next Fiend). You could grind for Ego in the demo via the phone numbers before fighting the Act boss (next Fiend joins right after the final Demo boss, but gotta wait for the full game to use it), but Ego gains from battles is mostly random, and there are better ways to manipulate Ego later. You’ll probably get Pride by the end if you don’t grind, which is a pretty solid choice.
- Keep track of your Ego as you play, especially before a major boss, because it will take a long time before all the Fiends join you, and you could be stuck with suboptimal Fiends for a majority of the game if you aren’t careful.
- You can ignore your other human characters early on, as they won’t always be with you throughout the game. The spirit (EXP) you gain is better off assigned to your Fiends/MC, who’ll always be with you.
- Party order before battle determines the order your party goes when your turn starts. There’s no changing it during battle, so keep that in mind.