Gordian Quest Cheats and Tips
- Characters like Ida and Bertram are able to summon allies onto the battlefield, allowing you to create an impenetrable defense. Some skills/equipment even allow you to add cards to a character’s deck to summon help.
- When traveling, go into Events often for great rewards. Clearing Events can earn you better loot, and experience on specific party members that may not be scoring the extra last hit experience. When in Events requiring dice roll checks, add a card to improve the number. You will get an Exhaust card for using a card of your own in dice rolls, though.
- Change the difficulty options as you like! You can change the difficulty throughout any run, and have the game be played in a more rogue-lite or rogue-like fashion of your choosing.
- Positioning should always be taken into account. Use the Shift card to keep your squishier members in the back, with summons on the frontlines. For battle positioning, the middle row option is perfect so you can move units either to the back or front with ease.
- Do not hesitate to go back to town to heal, stock up on new equipment, and exhaust cards. Every few days, different items can be purchased from Jun the Blacksmith. Strongholds are the only places where you cannot escape to heal; if a dungeon is getting too tough with the party low on health, just head back to town. Come back refreshed.
- Sister Ophelia can resurrect dead party members for 100 Gold, but not on rogue-like mode. Party members that fall in battle will not receive experience.
- Use Dana the Innkeeper to rest, and exhaust dead cards. Exhaustion will prohibit your choices each turn, so go rest at the inn every few encounters. Even a few Exhaust cards for each of your characters can lead to your defeat when overwhelmed with waves of enemies.
- Complete character quests to unlock more characters. There are specific character quests that will occur throughout, and upon completion, you can then hire characters at the Guild Hall.
- Shrines will change encounter nodes for the worst but will earn you much better rewards such as increased experience, additional gold, and even legendary equipment.
- The same color of card effectiveness hinges on a character’s stats. Strength is Red cards. Dexterity is Green cards. Intelligence is Blue cards. When choosing to increase specific stats from nodes, make sure the majority or most important cards in each character deck are relevant. You do not want to increase a character’s Strength when they only have a few Red Cards in the deck to use, for example.