Need for Speed Unbound Cheats and Tips
When you’re just starting your journey in Lakeshore City, you’ll only have a B or A-tier car, which isn’t that good. This is why you must ensure that you can get every edge possible in each race, including a great launch.
- Instead of just randomly revving up your engine to its max, try to get the perfect launch by revving it to a certain amount.
- Right at the start, a white box on the speedometer will indicate the right amount of revving required for the perfect launch.
- You’ll get a slight speed boost with the perfect launch, allowing you to secure a good position right from the get-go.
First Car Does Not Matter
Speaking of things extremely early on in the game, if you’re still in the phase of choosing the perfect starter car out of the three right at the start, then you should definitely consider the following.
- Don’t worry too much about which car you choose out of the three right at the start of the game.
- The cars have almost equal performance, with certain cars having just a slight advantage over others.
- You’ll ultimately have to choose another car later on, so there’s no point in worrying too much; simply choose whichever seems the fanciest to you.
Undoubtedly NOS will be one of your most useful tools in the game but knowing how to make the most of it is quite crucial. One overlooked mechanic is the yellow boost bar.
- Next to the main NOS bar, there are three bars that get filled up with yellow filling, which you shouldn’t overlook.
- Each bar represents a speed boost that you can get by tapping the NOS button. The more bars you have filled, the higher the speed boost.
- These bars can be filled up by performing all sorts of stunts, such as jumps, drafting, drifting, and much more.
Near Misses For Extra NOS
You are bound to run out of NOS during a single run in the game, so you need to know all sorts of ways to fill it back up.
- A great way to fill up your NOS is passing through traffic with as minimum distance as possible.
- One useful technique for doing that is to drive in the wrong lane so that there are more incoming cars for you to avoid.
- Furthermore, you can even use parked cars to get the near-miss bonus, so if you’re not fully comfortable driving on the wrong lane, then stick close to the sides.
Using NOS On Tight Corners
One of the major things about racing games, especially Need for Speed, is knowing how to handle sharp corners and how to launch out of them as quickly as possible. Luckily Need for Speed unbound has a great method for that.
- Don’t try to escape tight corners by trying to go as fast as you can normally; make use of the NOS.
- You can use the NOS to immediately return to your normal speed if you use it right after a sharp turn.
- In fact, if you think you’re about to turn too far, you can tap the NOS button to escape drifting and get back on track. This works more efficiently when you have the yellow bonus bar.
Drafting Is Key
Trying to get ahead of your opponent seems to be much more difficult in Need for Speed Unbound, but there is definitely a bunch of tips and tricks to help you get ahead more easily.
- Don’t simply try to sneak up on your opponents or cut them off at sharp corners; instead, try to draft them as much as possible.
- Drafting is when you remain directly behind your opponent’s car, allowing you to close the distance more efficiently and also get a NOS boost.
- There is a great amount of range for drafting, so even if you’re many yards away, try to position yourself directly behind your opponent, and you might actually get the boost.
- Once you have a good amount of NOS and boost, preferably two bars, you can use it to overtake the rival.
Need for Speed unbound added a whole new style to racing by including artistic effects and elements to certain actions in the game, such as drifting, using turbo, being airborne, and much more.
- If you’re annoyed by the unrealistic artistic effects, then there is a way to reduce them.
- Unfortunately, you cannot fully remove them, but by using the “Cloaked” effect, found under driving effects, you can greatly reduce the effects.