SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake Cheats and Tips
- Your progress is autosaved quite frequently, though the game never tells you that. The game has several manual save slots for you, however they don’t seem to override and you’ll need to delete them in order to make room for more manual saves. Go in the Start menu and tab over, where you’ll find the save setting about halfway down the list. You can check here to see where your autosaves are. You can also load any of these saves and you can do so at pretty much any point during play.
- You can fast travel to any checkpoint in the game at virtually any time except during challenges and boss battles – even between worlds! Simply open the Start menu for the map to come up. Then highlight the world you’d like to go, confirm, and then you get to choose which checkpoint you’d like to re-enter from. This can also be used to just warp right to the beginning of any world so you don’t have to go hunting for portals back in Bikini Bottom.
- In the “driving” segments (on horses, on boulders, tongue boarding) you can hold back on the movement controls to slow down to a much more controllable speed and not throw yourself off course.
- Strategic use of the karate kick can close gaps between you and almost every kind of enemy in the game. Jump and hit the karate kick button in those chaotic arena battles to zip from enemy to enemy to cover tons of ground and save you some confusion.
- If you ever get lost or confused, stay still for a moment or so and Patrick will become an arrow pointing at the way to go. It will make a distinct bubbling noise so you don’t miss him.
- If you’re having trouble with the platforming, watch for Sponge’s shadow before landing. He has shadows even when he probably shouldn’t, like in Halloween Bikini Bottom.
- When SpongeBob gets knocked down to one health remaining, Patrick will give you a pair of undies for free to heal you for one health, so you always have a way to take at least one more hit.
- There isn’t really a penalty for losing all your health other than all enemies in the level regenerating or starting you at an earlier checkpoint. If you fast travel from checkpoint to checkpoint, the enemy regeneration will also happen.
- There also isn’t any fall damage, so if you need to fall to an area directly beneath you, you can do so from any height with no problem. It also wouldn’t hurt to butt or face stomp when doing so because who knows what’s going to be beneath you.