Company of Heroes 3 Cheats and Tips
- Experiment with the Battlegroup trees – Both the US Forces and the Wehrmacht factions are augmented by unique Battlegroups players can bring into battle. Battlegroups offer solutions to a myriad of different problems you’ll face on the battlefield, including new abilities, units and devasting off-map ordinance. Experiment with the choices you make in each Battlegroup tree to surprise and counter your opponent throughout your match.
- Use Verticality to your advantage – Company of Heroes is known for its cover-based combat. Getting caught out in the open can be devastating, so using hard cover and concealment has often led to victory in the previous CoH games. In CoH3 additional layers of strategy have been added, as height advantages and disadvantages will now play out on the battlefield. Gain sight and damage bonuses by capturing the high ground and force your opponent to fight uphill from the low ground. If you can manage that, victory will be yours!
- Take advantage of your unique faction mechanic – The US Forces and Wehrmacht in Company of Heroes 3 will have more robust systems to support their troops on the front lines. These faction mechanics are unique technologies that each side can research and invest in, to provide additional abilities, call-ins, and upgrades, to give you the edge in battle. The US Forces can choose between Air, Infantry and Mechanized Support Centers, each offering their own strengths. Be sure to click on the building once it’s completed to see the upgrades available to you! Similarly, the Wehrmacht get an exclusive choice between the Fortification, Mechanized and Special Operations Field Marshalls. Lock one in early to give your forces different veterancy buffs, unique grenades, and even powerful upgrades for your tanks.
- You have side armor now. Use it – Vehicles in CoH3 now have more varied armor values – not just on their front and back – but also on their sides. This means that you have more options to play around with and potentially exploit armor values, but the same is true of your opponent. This lets you make some risky plays, allowing you to dive your tanks behind enemy lines, but it also provides you the survivability to pull it all off in style.
- Play your own way by taking on the enemy AI with Full Tactical Pause – Single player modes in Company of Heroes 3 will allow you to use Full Tactical Pause, giving you control over the pacing of the action. Plan your attacks, then effortlessly queue up lethal precision play to win the day. Just be sure to use the “Skirmish” option in the MP Pre-Alpha slice to take advantage of Full Tactical Pause.