Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Zhang Liang General of Man Guide
- Do not rush parts of the level: The first chapter is relatively short when compared to the following chapters of the game. However, it still houses many secrets that you might miss out on if you try to rush your way to the boss. Take your time to fully explore the level, find all flagposts and hidden weapon and armor chests in the level to give yourself a boost before going toe-to-toe with Zhang Liang.
- Practice deflects against fodder enemies: Zhang Liang’s attacks can only be countered with a well-timed deflect, so it is paramount that you master the parry mechanic of the game. The best way to practice your deflect timing is to fight the fodder enemies in the level.
- Get yourself upto level 10: While over-leveling is not necessary for any of the boss fights in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, if you are struggling against Zhang Liang, you can take your time to grind for a bit to get your character to level 10. The best Genuine Qi farming route is the path between the three flagposts and the optional encounter against the Channgui.
- Increase your Morale Rank to at least 20: Boosting your Morale Rank will give you a defensive boost and increase your survivability. You can grind Morale Rank by killing the enemies within the level, preferably between the three flagposts for efficient Morale Rank farming.
- Make use of your weapon’s Martial Arts: It is important to note that Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty heavily emphasizes aggression, so playing defensively may not lead to victory against bosses in the game.
To easily defeat Zhang Linag, you need to go all out on the boss and use your weapon’s light attack combos and finish with Martial Arts. You can easily defeat Zhang Liang’s first phase by staggering him repeatedly using your Martial Arts combos while saving your precious healing vials for the second phase. In his second phase, Zhang Liang is immune to stagger but has slower attacks which are much easier to predict and deflect.
To defeat Zhang Liang’s second phase, it is crucial to stay close to him, as moving away allows him to use his ranged attacks that are difficult to dodge or counter. Fortunately, in the second phase, you only need to reduce Zhang Liang’s health to 50% before a cutscene triggers, ending the boss fight in a cinematic fashion.