The Best Mario Games Cheat Codes
Since its inception in the 1980s, the Mario franchise has captured the hearts of gamers worldwide. Whether you’re a seasoned plumber or a new fan, there’s no denying the thrill of discovering secret paths, unlocking hidden levels, and obtaining unbeatable power-ups. One of the most exciting aspects of playing Mario games is the existence of cheat codes, which allow players to bend the rules, explore the uncharted, and experience the extraordinary. In this article, we’ll delve into the best Mario games cheat codes that have left an indelible mark on gaming history.
- The Infamous “Konami Code” (Super Mario Bros. 3): No discussion of cheat codes would be complete without mentioning the legendary “Konami Code.” Although originally popularized by Konami games, it found its way into Super Mario Bros. 3. By entering the code: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, players were granted access to the game’s “White Mushroom House” that contained valuable power-ups and extra lives. The “Konami Code” became synonymous with cheat codes, proving that sometimes a little secret sequence can lead to big rewards.
- Warp Whistles (Super Mario Bros. 3): Super Mario Bros. 3 introduced the concept of warp whistles, and clever players discovered hidden locations that allowed them to skip entire worlds. By acquiring these whistles, players could warp ahead to different stages, bypassing challenging levels and saving time. The most memorable whistle locations included World 1-3, World 1-4, and World 2-1. These secret shortcuts added an element of exploration and strategy to the game, enhancing the overall experience.
- Yoshi’s Wings (Super Mario World): Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) introduced the lovable character Yoshi. However, players could obtain a pair of wings for Yoshi by finding a hidden key and unlocking a secret room. With the wings, Yoshi gained the ability to fly indefinitely, making previously inaccessible areas and secret levels easily reachable. This cheat code breathed new life into the game and rewarded players with a sense of invincibility.
- Giant Mario (Super Mario 64): Super Mario 64, a revolutionary 3D platformer, had its fair share of secrets. One notable cheat code allowed players to become a giant version of Mario. By collecting 120 stars, players could access the cannon outside the castle and shoot onto the roof. Upon discovering Yoshi, players were rewarded with the ability to turn into a colossal Mario, stomping around levels and crushing enemies beneath their giant boots. This cheat code showcased the game’s humor and added a fun twist to gameplay.
- Infinite Lives (Super Mario Galaxy): Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii offered a cheat code that granted players infinite lives. By collecting 99 lives and then dying in a level, players would be greeted with a message stating, “Nice try, but no dice! You don’t have enough coins.” Afterward, the game would reward players with an endless supply of extra lives, allowing them to tackle even the most challenging levels with ease. This cheat code provided a safety net for players and ensured that they could fully immerse themselves in the game’s fantastical worlds without fear of game over.
Mario games have provided us with countless hours of joy and excitement. Cheat codes have been a part of this iconic franchise, adding an extra layer of thrill, discovery, and creativity. From uncovering hidden levels and shortcuts to obtaining invincibility and infinite lives, these cheat codes have become legendary in the gaming community. They remind us that sometimes bending the rules can enhance the gaming experience and lead to unforgettable moments. So, grab your controller, enter those secret codes, and embark on an extraordinary journey through the Mushroom Kingdom!